Sunday, August 18, 2013

Going back to school

This summer seems to have flown by! I think I have been on Pinterest at least once everyday since mid July looking for cool back to school ideas. Since the beginning of August I have been going into my classroom to get things ready. I have to admit that at first I was a bit overwhelmed by everything I needed to do. Moving to a new classroom was a lot more work than I had originally expected. I am excited though to get everything back in order and to make the classroom welcoming and fun! As of right now it is almost up to my standards. I have also been looking at all the back to school fliers that have been coming out for awesome sales on the supplies I need to get. I think my mind is on back to school overload!

I have been working on a few new things for this website. I added a new tab at the top of the site. This tab is titled "Favorite links" and once you click it there will be a webmix from symbaloo.com. What's great about this webmix is that there are thumbnail pictures for each of the recommended websites. If you click on the thumbnail picture it will take you to that site. Awesome! Technology is getting better and better! I made another webmix just for parents and I put it under the "Forms and Documents" tab. I hope this is helpful and makes it easier for you to find the information you need. If you ever have any suggestions for things I should add please let me know! As I update or change anything else I will keep you posted. Also, I will be posting some classroom pictures this week! My goal is for tomorrow so keep your eyes open!

Finally, as some of you know I graduated with my masters degree from Wilmington University this past year. I just found out that my picture was put in this semester's Wilmington University Magazine! Thanks to Mrs. Williams and Allison for letting me know! I am in the bottom right corner of page 21, which is exciting for me because I have never had my picture posted in something like this. If you want to check it out click on the link below!




Until my next post, see you later Alligators!

1 comments:

For His Glory Teaching said...

Congrats on your Masters!! My fiance just finished his up as well.... My kids researched Wilmington today in Integrated (Science and Social Studies)...loooove you blog!!! :)

Post a Comment