Monday, February 10, 2014

What's New?

Before the Super Bowl we used a great activity called 'Football Buddy' from A Cupcake For A Teacher. This was a great activity to do because it linked together math and writing. We made predictions as to who we thought would win and we wrote them down. After each student had written down their prediction we graphed the results so that we could better organize the data. The kids got very excited to see the graph growing. Looking over the results we realized that overall the class thought the Seattle Seahawks would win the Super Bowl. This was such a great activity and the kids seemed to really enjoy doing it. 




Since groundhogs day was on a weekend students made predictions on whether or not they thought the groundhog would see his shadow on Groundhogs day before the month of February began. For morning work students made a groundhog and then they put the groundhog on a side of the chart. I got the graphs for this activity free from A Cupcake For The Teacher. I created the templates for the groundhogs and I got the chart idea from Pinterest! 



After we graphed the results we discovered that most people in the class thought the the groundhog would not see his shadow.



To start the month of February off I spent sometime after school one day and decorated the classroom door to surprise the kids! I made each kid into a sweethearts candy box! I got the idea from Pinterest but then changed it a bit and made it my own. I cannot wait to see the kids reactions!


0 comments:

Post a Comment