Monday, October 8, 2012

Johnny Appleseed's Birthday


For Johnny Appleseed's birthday we tasted three different kinds of apples: Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, and Granny Smith apples. After tasting all three kinds of apples we made a chart of which apples we liked the best. In our class it was a tie between Granny Smith apples and Red Delicious apples. We also learned about Johnny Appleseed's life, we made hats, and learned where apple's came from. All the kids enjoyed the activities especially the tasting of the apples!

 
 


10 Apples Up One Top

To go along with the activities we completed for Johnny Appleseed's birthday we read the book 10 Apples Up on Top by Dr. Seuss. Afterwards we made our own 10 apples on top picture, and we got to practice balancing 10 apples on top of our own heads!

Letter P Day


First I wanted to thank ALL the parents who helped make letter P day possible by coming in to volunteer, or sending in snacks/supplies. It was a huge help and the students really enjoyed everything. We made letter P pizzas, pig puppets, letter P paintings, a giant letter P collage, and letter P hats. 


September Family Projects

 
Students did a great job presenting their family projects this past week! I have posted a picture of each student as they presented their projects to our classroom picture gallery. Projects will be sent home during the third week of October. I loved learning about each child, thank you for all your help with this month's family project.

Pictures for each activity have been posted in our classroom picture gallery on SmugMug. If you need the password and username for the class gallery please e-mail me and I can send it to you again.

2 comments:

Literacy Sundae said...

I used to teach K and I loved letter days!! I'm your newest follower!

Kim

Ms. Williamson's Blog said...

Thank you Kim! I am sooo glad you found my site helpful!

Post a Comment