Friday, April 19, 2013

Time for Caterpillars!!!

 On April 9th our Caterpillars came in the mail! I was soooo excited that the other teachers were laughing at my childlike enthusiasm! I just couldn't help myself, I was excited to show the kids and to see our five little caterpillars grow. This is what they looked like when we got them, aren't they sooo cute and tiny!



Students came up with names and we wrote them down and put them in a bucket. I pulled out five names for our caterpillars and here is what we came up with.




When we came back to school from the weekend I came in to see that four of our caterpillars had made their cocoons. Our fifth little Caterpillar unfortunately died, however we were excited that our little caterpillars were growing and beginning to change.


I had to take the paper off the cup that had our cocoons on it. I was terrified that I was going to kill them BUT I got them into our butterfly net perfectly!




0 comments:

Post a Comment